Should I be concerned about snoring during sleep hours?
If you are suffering from the habit of snoring during sleep at night or your partner heavily snores resulting in disruption of your sleep in the middle of night, it depicts the development of an underlying breathing disorder termed as sleep apnea. Snoring at night during sleeping hours is usually considered to be a normal activity by majority of us who do not even know about it unless their sleep partners inform them.
Albuquerque New Mexico Treatment For Snoring
Chronic loud snoring develops in severe form of sleep apnea known as obstructive sleep apnea which occurs due to repeated cessation of breathing during sleep leading to awakening episodes and its severity increases with the passage of time.
Get In Touch For Albuquerque New Mexico Treatment
Sometimes, it may cause an emergency during late sleep hours and necessitates immediate consultation visit to your 24 hours emergency sleep apnea specialist dentist Dr William C Gardner at NM Family and Cosmetic Dentistry PC. He always educated his patients regarding the prevention, causes, immediate and long term management of this serious illness. It is very important to seek treatment for this sleep disorder as serious lawsuits have been documented by bed partners for separation due to continuous sleep disturbance episodes. Your married life can get disturbed seriously if obstructive sleep apnea remains untreated for long time periods.
How To Help?
This disorder develops due to repeated interruption of breathing for about 10-20 seconds at frequent intervals ranging up to approximately 100 times causing severe disruption of normal sleep patterns. This results in extreme mood changes, weakness, tiredness and inability to fulfill body’s energy requirements at work or in school during studies. Fragmented sleep and loud snoring occurs due to narrowing down and subsequent collapse of breathing airways.
Dr William C Gardner – Albuquerque New Mexico Treatment Can HelpDr William C Gardner specializes in dealing with obstructive sleep apnea patients. He strongly suggests you to look for certain symptoms and habits in your daily routine. These are alarming signs and risk factors for occurrence of obstructive sleep apnea,
- Development of long term, frequent episodes of snoring at night during sleeping.
- Long hours of sleeping habits in your partner or in yourself irrespective of long sleep hours during night reveal characteristic feature of its development.
- Laziness, lethargic attitude, inability to concentrate at work and decreased efficacy of work in order to achieve occupational goals.
- Prolonged pauses and cessation of breathing during the day as well as night mark its occurrence.
- Increased manifestation of anxiety, tension and depression during rest and working in office show the incidence of obstructive sleep apnea.
- Snoring associated with mouth breathing habits may lead to dehydration and dry mouth conditions. Dry mouth can lead to development of infections in the mouth and increased risk of tooth decay with the passage of time due to decreased lubrication and salivary clearance.
- If you or your partner are suffering from excessive need to urinate during night, it is an alarming signs and consultation with your sleep apnea specialist is warranted.
Other Factors – How Albuquerque New Mexico Treatment Can Help
- Slowness of reflexes has been observed in individuals affected with this disease.
- If you are already suffering from diabetes mellitus, hypertension, heart or brain diseases, this can be quite fatal for your overall health.
- Increased overall body weight has an association with airway obstruction, snoring sound production and sleep apnea.
- Your child can suffer from abnormal or retarded growth and development in childhood if he/she suffers from this abnormality.
- Sore throat and pharyngitis can help.
- Males in old age are more prone to develop sleep apnea.
You can get successful treatment for leading a normal and healthy life. Help is available if you have been suffering from loud snoring and breathing difficulties at night. We advise you to follow certain instructions and treatment modalities in this regard:
Instructions Which Can Help – Albuquerque New Mexico Treatment For Snoring
- Follow sleeping on your side, do not lie on your back.
- Weight reduction is important.
- Elevation of your bed head a few inches upwards or using specially designed cervical pillow helps in prevention of breathing cessation episodes.
- Maintain a sleep diary for recording your sleep arousal frequency for consultation with your doctor.
- Appropriate management of underlying systemic diseases.
- Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) with the help of a mask-like device is helpful. Also the dentist fabricated oral appliances or mouthpieces can help. It helps in streamling air flow for ensuring un-interrupted breathing.
Do you have cosmetic defects in your teeth? Is it making your smile less pleasant? Is this owing to decayed, missing, crowded, crooked, mal-aligned or mal-posed teeth? You can visit your 24 hours emergency Albuquerque New Mexico dentist Dr William C Gardner. Book an appointment at NM Family and Cosmetic Dentistry PC. He is available throughout day and night. He focuses upon best solution for improving your dental and oral health conditions.